Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a stroll down memory lane

I have recently discovered the glories of YouTube. I have been using a variety of websites to keep up with US television shows--some more copyright-friendly than others--and I stumbled across the wealth of movies on YouTube. I have watched both Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea on YouTube (I was sick this weekend and had nothing better to do) and last night I caught up on my one of my Christmas favorites: A Charlie Brown Christmas. As I searched a little further for the more obscure Christmas shows I loved as a kid, I was extremely surprised to find this clip:
My sister and I loved Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy, and once had a video of it we had taped off of tv. These exact same commercials ran during that program. I can't believe someone actually thought to put them online. It's definitely a trip back in time, and pretty cool to watch. Next up on my YouTube agenda? Finding some Rankin & Bass programs (i.e. Rudolph) and maybe watching clips from my favorite childhood tv show, KIDS Incorporated.

2 comments:

Mrs. Klink said...

not gonna lie, i love anne of green gables. it's funny you posted this because i've been dying to watch those movies lately. RANDOM, but maybe now as a 27 year old, i'm mourning the passage of my happy childhood?!

Mrs. Klink said...

oh yeah and i'm all over both the reading rainbow and rescue 911 clips on youtube!!