Sunday, December 21, 2008

deck the halls

Today Tobey and I decided to participate in a little Christmas spirit by setting up a tree. I am a big fan of real trees, and a real tree is much more economical for someone like me who is only going to be here for a few Christmases. I made the trek across the street to the park, where they were selling cut trees. The selection wasn't your typical variety--I think I ended up with something more like an overgrown shrub, rather than a fir or pine. I quickly chose a tree and a base (not the regular red metal stand, but a large wooden box) and they loaded up the tree and drove it and me home. It took a little coaxing to get it into the elevator, and then I had to use the bread knife to saw a few limbs off the bottom to get it to fit, but it came together beautifully in the end. Tobey showed his approval by climbing it before I could even finish decorating.Even in a foreign country, I think it turned out quite nicely! And now I am sitting in my living room, enjoying the scent of a real live tree!

1 comments:

Violingirl800 said...

Gorgeous! It looks really professional!