Sunday, December 14, 2008

christmastime is here?

I am finding my Christmas spirit to be especially lacking this year. Living in a virtually seasonless climate, where it is between 60-70 degrees everyday, I am having a very difficult time remembering that it is almost Christmas. There are plenty of reminders around me--the malls here have been decorated for a solid two months now--but none of these things fit my definition of what typically makes up the Christmas season. I keep telling myself that I need to put up a tree and play some music, but I really feel unmotivated to do so. It's not that I'm looking for snow--growing up in southern Indiana, white Christmases were a rare occurance. A nip in the air, though, might help, as would the temporary disappearance of all the palm trees outside my window.

0 comments: