Tuesday, October 28, 2008

wilderness girl?

Those of you who know me know that I am not a real outdoorsy kind of girl--my idea of a good hike is through the streets of Manhattan. However, this weekend I'm going with some friends to the rainforest. We're going to have a 3 hour hike through the jungle, see monkeys and ancient petroglyphs, and hike into a cave where we'll swim in an underground river. And even though I'm going to be waaaay out of my comfort zone, I really want to go and have this experience. I'm determined not to be too Troop Beverly Hills on this trip, and so I just went out and bought outdoorsy gear so that I'm not the girl in the Ralph Lauren knit capris dodging the mud. I now own two pairs of hiking-friendly pants, and a new backpack. (I figured the enormous red leather purse probably wasn't appropriate for this trip.) So, watch out wilderness, here I come!

(Did I mention that I'm probably going to need a valium to do that cave hike?)

0 comments: