Saturday, March 28, 2009

what not to wear

I just had a little scare.

My friend just returned from Buenos Aires, and when I asked her about the weather, she said that it was HOT. I am going to Buenos Aires in two weeks, and I am not prepared for hot. As BA is located well into the Southern Hemisphere, it will be fall for them when I arrive, which I rather stupidly assumed would mean cooler temperatures. I don't have cute hot-weather clothes with me here in Quito (we just don't need them.) I have hot-weather beach clothes, but BA is a cosmopolitan city and I cannot be running around in beach dresses and flip-flops. When I checked handy-dandy weather.com, they predicted temperatures in the low to mid 70s. I guess I will not be bringing all my cute little jackets and cardigans, but I can get away with more of my everyday Quito clothes. Whew--fashion emergency avoided. ;)

0 comments: