Thursday, March 12, 2009

my favorite things

Here are a few of my favorite things about my school, in no particular order:

  1. My school is more of a campus-setting rather than one large enclosed building, so I walk from building to building depending on where I need to go. With the usually mild weather here, it is wonderful to have the chance to be outside and in the sun so often.
  2. We also have spectacularly landscaped grounds, with flowers and trees blooming year-round. I had never seen calla lily plants until I came here, and they are all around our campus.
  3. The food at my school is really good, and very reasonably priced. Not only do they serve a hot, made-from-scratch lunch everyday, but they also have fresh fruit salads, all sorts of breads, sandwiches made with real chicken (not cold cuts) and vegetable salads. The food is also available throughout the entire school day, which is very convenient, and sometimes too convenient.
  4. Our library is excellent, with lots of adult fiction (not just the teen variety.) In a country where books in English are difficult to find and expensive, this is very important.
  5. I work with a group of really interesting, fun, dedicated teachers. We are all pretty diverse and yet still a close-knit community. It's great to work with people that you'd pick as your friends.

0 comments: