Monday, March 30, 2009

unsolicited advice

I had the funniest taxi driver this afternoon. I had to take a taxi after school in order to make it to the water company int time to pay this month's bill, and the taxi driver who took me was so amusing. We talked about US presidents, US presidents' mistresses, the bad luck of the Kennedy family, my family, where I came from (and what they produce in Indiana) and of course, what I thought of Ecuador. He helped me with my Spanish when I made mistakes, but in a genial manner. Towards the end of the ride, he said to me (in Spanish of course): Allison, you need to find a boyfriend. You're how old? I responded that I was 27, and he continued that after 30, where I cut him off and said, "I know, it gets more difficult." I was thoroughly entertained for the 20 minutes and $5 it took me to get to my destination.

0 comments: