Monday, August 18, 2008

estoy en quito

We arrived safe and sound! It was a long trip, and a lot of packing and re-packing and leaving of objects that I really wanted to take (duvet and featherbed, I miss you) but I am here. Six months of preparations are over! Tobey did very well on the flight--only cried a little at the end--and they did not even quarantine him. Ecuador is unreal, more on this later, and everyone is very nice. I am rooming with a cool girl from Canada while we're in the hotel, and this afternoon I start the apartment search. I promise to post more details later--I'm still digesting at this point.

stay tuned...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you made it safely! I can't wait to see pictures of everything!

Violingirl800 said...

I am really thankful that everything went well, and that Tobey did okay. Hope things are continuing to go smoothly and that you find the perfect living quarters. :)