Wednesday, July 9, 2008

the perfect shoe

I'm a big-time travel planner when it comes to packing a wardrobe. When I spent three weeks in Europe last summer, I worked to create the perfect black-and-white wardrobe that would be versatile and interchangeable. Therefore, you can imagine how crazy I am going trying to pack clothing for a climate and a culture that I don't entirely comprehend yet. So far, I am pretty pleased with what I have packed, but there is one place that is causing me much grief: I am in search of the perfect pair of shoes.

I purchased these pants from Banana Republic--they're kind of a taupe heather color. They fit well and will go with several of my tops. However, I am really stymied as to what color shoe I should get to go with them. I am already taking 4 (!) pairs of black shoes, so I want to diversify and go with something in the tan category that will go with other non-black clothes. I have pretty high standards for shoes--they have to be pretty cute. I also prefer not to spend more than $50 for a pair of shoes.

I have a couple of options, but neither fit all my criteria. I am in love with these shoes from Anne Klein, but they are way more than I want to spend. Plus, I am not quite sure how the color would look with the pants.These shoes from Nine West fit my criteria, but I'm not in love with them. Again, not sure about the color.So I really don't know what to do. I know this sounds silly, but right now obsessing about this is keeping me from worrying about how I'm going to get my cat through the long flight and customs and all the other things over which I have no control.

0 comments: