Tuesday, June 3, 2008

what time is it (summertime)

yes, shameless reference to High School Musical 2. I teach middle school, folks.

I have been a little delinquent in posting this week. There was a lot happening, and I am just now starting to digest. (Why do I feel like I say this about every week?)

We finished up the school year last week--Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday--which was nice and happy and crazy and stressful. The last week of school is always super busy for me--I have two classrooms to wrap up and two schools to turn in paperwork for plus finals to administer and grade at the high school, and let's not forget commencement rehearsal and commencement itself the following Sunday. As if that isn't enough, this year I had to pack up and move out for good. This created much more work, naturally, as I usually am so tired by the end of the year that I will just shove things into dark corners and call it clean. Not the case this year. I finished packing up my middle school classroom and started throwing things out at the high school. My colleagues at the middle school had a nice send-off for me, and I felt happy with just a little sadness at leaving. Friday was a frustrating commencement rehearsal (as the band director said, We run productive rehearsals for a living; why won't they just let us take this over as well?) Anyway, commencement is over now and I am officially moved out of both schools. Yay!

I always feel that it takes me some time to process and recover from major happenings, i.e. quitting one job to take another. I have kept fairly busy the last couple of days, but tomorrow I am planning on having a crash on the couch all day long kind of day. I'm going to be lazy for a few days and then jump into the next phase of preparations.

0 comments: