Tuesday, June 2, 2009

five things

I'm headed back to the States in less than a month for a visit, and while I've been very happy this past year in Ecuador, there are a few things that I'm looking forward to experiencing back in the US. They are, in no particular order:

  1. Diet Ginger Ale. (Any ginger ale for that matter.) Our soda varieties here are limited to Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, and a local fruit-flavored soda called Flor de Vanta.
  2. Not being stared at constantly for being blonde and pale.
  3. Blueberries. We can get every type of exotic fruit here, except there are no blueberries. I'm dying for blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup.
  4. Not having to greet everyone I see or walk past. Yes it's nice, but there are sometimes when I just don't feel like being friendly.
  5. Getting to spend quality time with all those near and dear to me that I've missed over the past year. I especially can't wait for quality time with my nephew and (faux) niece, Gabe and Libby.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Anyplace particular you want to go when you're in Warsaw? What dates will you be here?